Thursday, January 12, 2017

Dracula

I recently read Bram Stoker's "Dracula."  It's the first sci-fi book I've read in years.

I expected a gory, bloody tale similar to the many movie adaptations, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Dracula's character is more complex than the bloodthirsty ghoul portrayed in many movies.

His life and each character in the book, was abruptly interrupted by the curse of the undead.

The temporary detour, from a normal life to a surreal, suspended existence, transformed all of their lives forever.

Through their dark night and knight, the human characters became extraordinary! Corrupt forces summoned valor from within them. They learned friendship, love, loyalty, perseverance, determination and gratitude.

Dracula was the predator. His existence allowed the humans to grow. Without him they would of been mediocre.

I took perseverance from this book. I learned in the midst of turmoil peace is waiting to embrace me.

Thanks for the ride Mr. Stoker. It was an uncommon adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment